Now for the important topic of the day, CBD bites – these babies taste like straight up OREO cheesecake bites, in the best way you could possibly imagine. Full of cream, and full of cookies, they sound like a dream come true to me – hopefully they will feel the same for you.
prep time 5 minutes
cook time 15 minutes
total time 20 minutes
yield 14 bites
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 4 tablespoons of cacao powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of raw monk fruit extract (50%)
- 1 teaspoon of gluten-free baking powder
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon of flax mixed with 3 tablespoons of water)
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil or ghee
- 5 drops of vanilla cream stevia
Cream Cheese filling:
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1 cup cream cheese (i used kite hills vegan plain)
- 1/4 teaspoon of raw monk fruit (50%)
- pinch of vanilla bean powder
- 2.5-4 full droppers of TruHemp CBD oil
How to make the cookies:
- First, make the chocolate cookie. Preheat the oven to 300 F. Place the almond flour, cacao powder, raw monk fruit, baking powder and salt into a mixing bowl and combine well. Add the flax egg and coconut oil (or ghee) and mix well.
- Place the dough on a sheet of parchment paper, and scoop out the cookies press them out to be about the 1-2 inches wide. They don’t have to be perfect as they will be crumbled anyway.
- Transfer to a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes or until crispy. Let the cookie cool down to room temperature. The cookie will be softer at first but will start to crisp up as it cools down. Once completely cooled and crispy, start to crumble your cookies.
How to make the cream cheese filling & finishing touches:
- Place all the ingredients into a large mixing bowl and mix very well. I used my KitchenAid hand mixer to make sure the filling is nice and fluffy.
- Fold in HALF of the crumbled cookies.
- With a small cookie scoop start to scoop out on a ball at a time.
- Empty the scoop right on top of the crumbled cookies and roll to make sure the cheese is covered.
- Chill your cheesecake bites in the freezer or fridge.